How to use a development exit calculator
Whether you are looking for a way to release cash to work on additional projects or you’re approaching the end of your term with your current lender, development finance is a way to refinance your current development loan. With our development exit calculator, you can easily find out exactly how much you can borrow and at what rates.
To get started with the calculator, you’ll need to begin by entering some key information. Ensure that all details are correct to your knowledge as it will help to produce a more accurate result. The details you’ll need include:
- Loan amount: This figure is the net loan amount required — the amount you receive before any fees or interest is applied to the loan.
- Term (months): The length of time, in months, that you have to repay your loan.
- Interest rate: This is the interest rate charged for taking out the commercial mortgage. This will be calculated as a monthly rate.
- Arrangement fee: A fee charged by the lender for arranging the development exit finance.
What do my results say?
- Interest — This figure indicates how much total interest you will have to pay on a monthly basis for the duration of your loan term.
- Fee — The total fee you will need to pay your lender for setting up your development exit finance.
What is the criteria for a development finance loan?
- All developments need to be built in accordance with any and all building regulations and planning permission.
- Developments need to have a suitable New Build Warranty upon completion.
- A first legal charge will be required on the development property
What information do I need to provide for development exit finance?
For a development exit finance loan to be approved, you’ll first need to provide some key information to see if you’re eligible. The details you’ll need to provide include:
- The company (or name) that the project is held in
- Any links to the selling agent’s sales particulars or brochure
- Any planning permission details
- Practical Completion certificates if the development is finished
- A summary of outstanding works and costs if the development is not finished
- Details of the New Home Warranties (if applicable)
- Current debt held against the site
How much can I borrow
As there are a number of reasons why you could want to take out development exit finance, at Positive Commercial Finance, we want to make sure that all our customers have suitable finance options. We offer development exit loans of anywhere between £30,000 and £100 million.